Safe gambling is very important, as there are risks involved with real money betting. In this article, we will explain what Gamstop is, how to use it and why it’s a good solution for players who wants to take a break from gambling.
What is Gamstop?
Gamstop is the UKGC approved multi-operator self-exclusion scheme where UK residents can sign up and block all access to UK online casinos.
The scheme will soon be connected to all UK operators, making it possible to block yourself from all existing UK online casinos in one place.
Gamstop lets you block access to gambling websites for six months up to a total of five years. It’s free of charge and very easy to use.
How to sign up to Gamstop
Registering your details in Gamstop is easy.
- Go to https://www.gamstop.co.uk/register
- Read through the information states. It’s important that you do so, as it’s almost impossible to reverse a Gamstop block.
- Press “Start” to start your registration process.
- Enter your personal details. Among other things, you will need to state your name, address, e-mail, date of birth as well as your postcode. This is to make it easier to identify you on gambling sites and to make the block as sturdy as possible.
- Confirm your Gamstop sign-up.
- Done, you are now blocked from all UK casino sites.
Important: After signing up to Gamstop it’s impossible to reverse your block. Make sure you read through all the terms & conditions before you sign up.
Other good options to block gambling sites
There are many good options to block access to gambling sites. Below, we will present the most common options.
- Gamban – Really good service that continually adds more casino and betting sites to its register of blocked websites. The only downside is that it’s a premium service which costs around £10 per month.
- BetBlocker – Also, a really good option with hundreds of gambling websites blocked.
- Net Nanny – This tool was not specifically built to block gambling sites, as this service can block whatever you want it to block, but it works great for this task as well. In Net Nanny you can set the program to block specific niches, whether it’s gambling or something else you do not want yourself or your family to access.